Current Board of Supervisors:
- Don Lode, Chair
- Mike Tuholski, Vice-Chair
- Sacha Gee-Burns, Treasurer
- Brian Breidert, Secretary
- Andy Minich, Member
The official governing body of each district consists of five supervisors. These five supervisors are La Porte County residents familiar with the conservation needs and opportunities in the county.
- Three supervisors are elected (one each year for a three-year term) at an annual meeting of land occupiers held in February.
- Two supervisors are appointed (for staggered three-year terms) by the State Soil Conservation Board.
Selection of all five supervisors is based on input from the local people they serve.
As public officials, supervisors are required to take a standard public oath of office committing to support the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of the State of Indiana, and faithfully discharge the duties of the office of supervisor.